Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Enid Great Land Run 2008


For the 2nd year, I did the Great Land Run 5K this past Saturday morning. For the $15 entry fee, we received nice Brooks wicking shirts. This year, the race was put on by Continental Resources. I was on call for the weekend but figured I would be done in about 1/2 an hour. My PA student, Abby, ran the race with me. The week had been mostly rainy before the race but when the race started, it was relatively dry. In the last few minutes before reaching the finish line, it started pouring rain. I had my personal best time for a 5K: 28:24 (gun time)/ 28:17 (chip time) with a 9:10 pace. Surprisingly, I placed 2nd in my age division (35-39) and received both a finisher's medal and a special age division medal. My next race will be the Disney World Tower of Terror 13K at the end of October during the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. In November, Seth and I will be running the Route 66 full marathon relay in Tulsa and the kids will be doing the Kids' Marathon.

1 comment:

Heather Walt said...

Interesting thoughts, I really enjoyed your blog