Sunday, January 21, 2007

My new 2007 Toyota Avalon!

I'd been contemplating replacing my 2001 Avalon for well over a year now. I test drove a 2007 Avalon about 6 months ago and just started to seriously consider trading up when DH dropped the bomb shell that he had hired a contractor to start work on our pool. A new car was put on hold at that point.

I went back to our Toyota dealer about 3 weeks ago and test drove a different 2007 Avalon and was once again hooked. I had already extensively researched the different package options and had looked up online which cars were "available" at our dealer. I had my heart set on a metallic blue 2007 Avalon Limited with all the bells and whistles (dynamic laser cruise control, parking assist, remote start, heated and cooled seats, navigation system, etc) and even looked up Blue Book prices and TMV at Edmunds. I was armed with prices and had even calculated what my "discount" should be when I went for my 2nd test drive. The metallic blue Avalon I was looking at was a demo with over 2500 miles on it already so the dealer made 2 other suggestions and, to my surprise, his "discounts" were even greater than what I had anticipated.

I went back the following day having decided on a silver Avalon with the same bells and whistles but also an XM Satellite radio that I didn't really want. This time, I met with a different dealer - the one who had originally sold me my 2001 Avalon and who was gone the day before at training. He told me that he had "intercepted" a Titanium Avalon Limited at the "port" which could be customized to whatever specifications I wished. The only catch, it would take about 2 weeks to arrive. I had waited for about 1/2 a year already and after discussing options, removing the satellite radio, I did opt for the headrest DVD system. The numbers looked good to me and I applied for Toyota financing right then and there. A few phone calls later that afternoon and I had gotten another slight price break because I insisted on a payment of no more than $550 per month with a minimal down payment. I would also have the windows tinted by our local tint shop prior to picking up the car. So, here's how it broke down:


2007 Titanium Metallic Toyota Avalon 4 Door Sedan Limited with dynamic cruise control, voice activated navigation system, vehicle stability control, traction control, brake assist, extra mile option pkg D (Custom Tape Stripe, Remote Start, Park Pilot, Rear Parking Aid System; First Aid Kit, Mud Guards, Carpet Mat Set (5 Pc), Color Keyed Door Edge Guards, Fabric Guard, Wheel Locks, Glass Break Sensor, Carpet Floor Mats, Rear Trunk Mat, Road Hazard Tire Warranty (3 Years / 36,000 Miles), Roadside Assistance (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles), Extra Mile Extended Life Tires (6 Yrs/100,000 Miles)), vehicle shield package, and headrest DVD players:

MSRP $42294.00
Dealer discount $4089.00
Window Tint $208.00
Additional discount (to bring payments to $550 even) $129.00

Total $38284.00

Due to an ice storm, my Avalon arrived a few days later than expected and then had to be cleaned and the windows tinted. I completed my financing paperwork on my day off and finally went to pick up my new car after a lunch meeting on Friday afternoon - just in time for another snow storm this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.