Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Day 6 – Celebrity Summit Thanksgiving Cruise - Thursday 28 November – sea day


I hadn't been running all week so I took the opportunity in the morning to go to the gym and run on the treadmill for about 40 minutes. The ship was moving along pretty well with just a gentle sway. Running on a treadmill is kinda the pits anyways but with that gentle roll back and forth, it just adds another twist to running – I usually have to run with one hand on the treadmill just for a little balance.

After I got done, I went back to the suite and just hung out on the veranda – I pulled one of the loungers into the shade and watched a movie on my ipad until Seth woke up. I showered and got ready – we had reservations at Normandie for lunch at noon. We were recommended to eat there rather than the buffet because it was a sea day and it would likely be very crowded in the buffet.

Lunch was relaxed and yummy.  I tried their beet salad with goat cheese as well as the lobster tail.


 Afterwards, we went to browse the sales on the pool deck where I picked up a dark grey Celebrity polo shirt for Rhys. We also walked through the emporium and I picked up a Summit magnet to add to our collection.

At around 2:10, we met on deck 9 forward for a tour of the navigational bridge. It was interesting to see the computer basically steering the ship. One of the officers explained what our heading, speed, etc was and also told us how long it takes to become a captain of a ship like the Summit.



After our tour, I went back to the suite and just hung out. We were actually going to eat in the main dining room for dinner since it was Thanksgiving. I can't remember who it was that mentioned it to us but we were told about a cruise with 4 sea days and a couple of overnights in Bermuda. This sounded really good to us and so I had grabbed a flyer about the Bermuda cruise. We looked at it over lunch and talked about going in June so Wade and I went to the future sales desk and got information about it – we were looking at adjoining Celebrity suites on deck 7 but the sales woman suggested to us to wait until Friday because of the specials that would be coming out on the last day of the cruise.

Our dinner in the MDR was disappointing. The double baked blue cheese souffle was pretty good. The frisee and endive salad was ok. The pork loin was ok. Charlie had lobster which came out cold and the service was REALLY slow. We did have a good bottle of red wine with dinner.

We put our order for breakfast out and had invited Wade and Charlie over for a last cruise breakfast.

No comments: