Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Turkey, Wine, and Razors

Our tour to Ephesus is booked! I faxed the booking form to Turkey this morning (my first international fax that I've ever sent) and received an almost instantaneous confirmation from Ekol. I had called to check with my Capital One mastercard and confirmed that there would be no fees for the conversion of USD to Turkish Liras. I also received a confirmation from Ekol that our tour group members (tour groupies?) would be able to pay the balance of the tour cost in USD, Turkish Liras, or even by credit card at the beginning of the tour. The $130 USD deposit (25%) went on my Capital One mastercard.

I've been researching tonight for ways to bring wine home with us from the Mediterranean. This will be a given that we will be purchasing wine abroad. It would be wonderful to bring back a representative sample of wine from each country that we are visiting. One option is the Bottlewise wine bag but this option is pretty expensive. I also looked into an Ultimate Wine Cradle made by Naylor winery. Maybe we'll consider a combination of both strategies.

Our new Razrs arrived today from Mobal. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet but these phones are an investment for our upcoming trip and all of the international trips that we plan on making in the future. I'd looked into AT&T international calling plans but have no interest in upgrading our service for a monthly fee. It would be nice to just have one phone number while we are abroad but AT&T's international calling plans are a bit convoluted.

No comments: