Sunday, April 29, 2007

Getting ready for Alaska!

Our trip to Alaska is less than a month away. I was able to book all of our shore excursions online - here's what we've planned so far:

26 May 2007 - At Sea
27 May - Juneau; Gold Panning Adventure and Salmon Bake at 1730
28 May - Glacier Bay
29 May - Sitka; Tongass Rain Forest Nature Hike at 0900
30 May - Ketchikan; Saxman Native Village and Lumber Jack Show at 0730
31 May - Victoria; no shore excursion planned

We're all checked in online as well and I've printed out our expedited boarding passes. Checking in at the pier should be a snap.

I was at first disappointed when I called Holland America to book our reservation at the
Pinnacle Grill. Being "alumni" of HA, I figured we'd be able to book a ressie at thePinnacle Grill, their 5 star reservations-only restaurant, before boarding but I was informed that we had to make those reservations once we boarded. Bummer. Then, one night, I was surfing on the HA website and happened to peek at the online Bon Voyage ordering pages. Lo and Behold, I could purchase not only the wine package that we wanted (5 bottle admiral wine package ) but could make reservations for dinner at the Pinnacle Grill for all 6 of us by purchasing and sending us each a "gift certificate". I even got to send personalized invitations to everyone in our party.

There's also a wine package option for the Pinnacle Grill but I thought we'd order that before dinner if we wanted to share it.

No comments: