Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Black Friday 2006

I'm one of those CRAZED Black Friday shoppers sitting outside of a store in the freezing cold with hot chocolate in hand waiting for the store to open. ("OPEN! OPEN! OPEN!"). This year Black Friday will be in Dallas and I'm not anticipating being able to make the rounds at all my favorite stores like I would at home. It's just too spread out and too much traffic to contend with. Thanks to BFADS.NET, I have looked at all of the Black Friday ads and have put together a shopping list for my adventure early Friday morning. The fun starts at 4 am!

We'll see how things turn out since I'm in an unfamiliar city. The Best Buy is about 5 miles south of my sister's house and the other stores that I want to go to(Ace, Radio Shack,Walmart, Staples, Walgreens) are all just to the north of her house. Here's what's on my list so far:

ACE (opens at 7 am) : DeWalt Magnetic Drive Guide Set, 16 pc.............FREE
Phillips Noise Cancelling Headphones (for the kids)......$29.99 (if I can't get the ones from Radio Shack)
PowerGlide Variable Speed Rotary Tool.........................FREE

Best Buy (opens at 5 am): Advent 15" LCD TV (for my MIL).................$129.99
eMachines Desktop Celeron-D w/15" LCD.....................$189.97
Insignia 4 GB Video/MP3 player.....................................$119.99
Kodak Easy Share 5 MP digital camera...........................$79.99
MAG 17" LCD monitor...................................................$79.99
Westinghouse 7"digital picture frame................................$79.99

JCPenney (opens at 5 am) : Disney snowglobe............................................FREE
7.5 ft pre-lit Christmas tree w/remote.............................$118.88

Radio Shack (opens at 6 am) : Presidan Noise Cancelling Headphones (for the kids)...$14.99
Staples : 6-outlet strip surge protector..............................FREE
Personal desktop laminator...............................................FREE

Wal-Mart (opens at 5 am): Case Logic Portable DVD Player Case (for the kids).........$9.97

Walgreens (opens at 7 am): Revlon Fabulash Mascara...............................FREE
Schick Quattro Razors........................................................FREE

I'll have to post back later and see how I fared after all is said and done. I plan on heading out to Best Buy at 3:30 am to be there before the tickets are passed out at 4 am and then waiting until the store opens at 5 am. Crazy....I know, but fun! LOL.

I've combed the other ads (they get WAY more ads here in Dallas then we do at home!) and hope to pick up a DymoLetra Tag Label maker at Office Depot which is also FREE. I've already ordered a few things online from the Thanksgiving Day sales from Office Max:

Olympus 1 GB XD Card for my camera..............$19.99
Sandisk 2 GB SD Cards (good for our Treo 650's).......$24.89 each. Wow! And FREE SHIPPING with NO MINIMUM! They do, however, charge tax.

So there's the plan..........I should really consider going to bed right now to be up at 3 am (it's about 7 pm and I'm totally stuffed from dinner at 4:30). Off to watch Davinci Code tonight, though, in BIL's really cool media room. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to my fellow Black Friday shoppers!

No comments: